WHAT IS DIRECT ACCESS?
North Dakota allows a licensed Physical Therapists (PT) to evaluate and treat clients without first seeing a physician. The Physical Therapists at Rehab4Life Physical Therapy are experts in evaluating musculoskeletal and neurological conditions; and if appropriate, safely and effectively treating those clients without a referral from a physician. Physical Therapists are highly-trained health care professionals. If a client is evaluated and needs to see a physician, we help refer you to the proper physician to meet your medical needs.
FREEDOM OF CHOICE
“Your physician may refer you for physical therapy that is to be provided in the physician’s office, or to a facility in which the physician has a financial interest. If this is your situation, be aware that you have the right to choose your own physical therapist and that you are not obligated to receive physical therapy in any specific facility. Always insist that your physical therapy be provided by a licensed physical therapist.” ~American Physical Therapy Association
DIRECT ACCESS ADVANTAGES:
- Reduces your healthcare costs
- Saves Time and Money
- Increases Convenience and Access to Physical Therapy
- Allows for prompt attention and service
- Ability to choose your Physical Therapy provider
- Referral not required (Medicare allows a client to be evaluated through Direct Access but Medicare clients are unable to be treated without a referral at this time.)