Do you need help recovering from a Sports Injury? Are you looking to improve your Sports Performance?
Sports Therapy is the Right Choice
From the collegiate athlete to the weekend warrior, we can help you with acute, chronic, and repetitive injuries. You can expect a thorough evaluation, treatment, transition back to sport, prevention, and performance enhancement programs.
Often, therapists work with post-surgical athletes to help them recover their strength, range of motion, and activities of daily living. To accomplish this, therapists use techniques such as:
- Manual Therapy (specialized hands-on techniques to facilitate movement, and functional control)
- Therapeutic Exercise – from active range of motion (simply working against gravity), to advanced resistance protocols, sports therapists help an athlete recover the necessary strength to compete in their given sport.
- Heat, ice, taping techniques, and electrical stimulation
- Functional Retraining – all sports require specialized balance, movement patterns, and dynamic flexibility and stability. Sports therapy includes retraining the athlete in their given area of interest or excellence. Examples include helping pitchers recover their throwing mechanics. Assisting football players in cutting, catching, throwing, and backpedaling. Helping basketball players recover the jumping, shuffling, and shooting mechanics.
- Dynamic Strength & Endurance Training – most sports require endurance, balance, and short burst of intense strength output. In the later stages of rehabilitation of athletes, sports therapists transition players to advanced conditioning programs that closely replicate their experience on the court or playing field.
Therapists often provide interventions and recommendations to assist athletes with the prevention of sports related injuries. This may include pre-participation evaluations, equipment advice, conditioning programs (e.g., ACL injury prevention) and cardiorespiratory conditioning programs that are constructed to assist athletes in a safe transition back to sport.
Sports Performance Programs
After a thorough evaluation of your strength, neuromuscular coordination, flexibility, and cardiorespiratory fitness, we will develop a sports performance training plan to help you achieve your performance goals. Programs are tailored to specific sporting demands and provided to you as a training plan; or the we may coach and guide you through a performance program on a several times/week basis again, depending on your goals and needs.
If You are or Your teen athlete wants to speed their recovery, or maximize their sports performance, We Can Help.
Whether its running, volleyball, football, basketball or golf, our exprienced therapists will help you run faster, jump higher and hit it farther. We will assess your posture, flexibility, strength and technique to find your restrictions and then provide the treatment and education to help you be the best you can be.
Specific programs we offer:
Biomechanical Running Assessments:
Keli St. Clair is a physical therapist at Rehab4Life with a special interest in treating sports injuries. She believes performing a biomechanical evaluation to get to the root cause of dysfunction is the key ingredient to making a successful recovery or preventing future injuries. During the running assessment you can expect the following:
- Discussion of past injuries and medical history
- Treadmill running assessment with video analysis and a copy of CD made for participant
- Review of current exercise routine and goals
- Flexibility screen geared towards the running athlete
- Functional lower body strength assessment
- Core strength assessment
- Individual exercise program for flexibility and strength
- Footwear discussion based on specific foot type
Roger Stroh, PT, is TPI Certified. He knows just what to look for in assessing your posture, flexibility and strength. Based on the findings gathered from the assessment, he will show you exercises to help improve your deficits. These exercises are proven to help you hit the ball further, straighter and with more accuracy.